From: Ralph Sennhauser <sera@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] DESCRIPTION in eclasses
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:33:57
1 On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 08:57:09 +0200
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Thanks, this explains why these DESCRIPTIONs are there.
5 >
6 > But history left aside, are they still useful today? If not, then they
7 > should be removed.
8
9 DESCRIPTION="Based on the ${ECLASS} eclass" is never a sufficient
10 description for a package. So clearly pointless here.
11
12 Currently only KEYWORDS are banned from eclasses. I would add
13 DESCRIPTION and LICENSE to this list as well. DESCRIPTION is individual
14 to the package and it should never be to much work to come up with a
15 short description and LICENSE in eclasses greatly increases the chances
16 for the final listed licenses to be wrong. We have seen the latter
17 happening with the enlightenment.eclass.