From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: CONFIG_CHECK_FATAL, making CONFIG_CHECKS fatal by default
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 09:22:48
1 On 22 January 2013 03:56, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 01/21/2013 07:45 PM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
3 >> My suspicion is that portage's environment save/restore process will
4 >> overwrite any setting I attempt to make on the destination host.
5 >
6 > If necessary, you can use /etc/portage/bashrc to override
7 > CONFIG_CHECK_FATAL for binary packages. Something like this would work:
8 >
9 > [[ ${EMERGE_FROM} == binary ]] && CONFIG_CHECK_FATAL=0
10 > --
11 > Thanks,
12 > Zac
15 I guess the problem is when you create a binpkg and not when you
16 install it on the target. <wild idea> Would it be possible to make
17 this nonfatal if FEATURES contains "binpkg" or -B was passed to
18 emerge?</wild idea>
21 Regards,
22 Markos Chandras / Gentoo Linux Developer / Key ID: B4AFF2C2