From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] how to handle sensitive files when generating binary packages
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 08:03:50
1 Hi!
2
3 On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 15:31:32 -0700
5 > Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
6 > > On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 22:01 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
7 > > > The specific underlying question being, what are the use cases for
8 > > > binary packages?
9 > >
10 > > Ever managed a network of multiple Gentoo identical Gentoo machines?
11 >
12 > That's one use case, yes. Now what are the others?
13
14 I sometimes help out with arch testing. I don't like having all
15 the deps and packages installed even if I don't use them. So I
16 usually quickpkg the and unmerge them. Advantage is: if I have to
17 archtest a package tomorrow that needs one of the deps I merged
18 today I don't have to recompile it. On slower archs, this really
19 helps.
20
21 Regards,
22 Tobias
26 In the future, everyone will be anonymous for 15 minutes.
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list