From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: zsh completions -- optional or mandatory?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 05:04:26
1 On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 08:51:52AM +0800, Ben de Groot wrote:
2 > On 27 March 2015 at 00:51, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3 > > The other method is shown by dev-vcs/hub at least, and maybe several
4 > > other packages -- e.g. unconditionally installing the completions
5 > > according to our small files installation practice and not reflecting
6 > > the rdepend on app-shells/zsh.
7 >
8 > This is standard practice already (e.g. for systemd unit files and
9 > bash completion files), so this should be followed for zsh completion
10 > files as well.
11
12 I'm going to go with what Rich and a couple of others said
13 earlier in the thread. Especially with small files that we do not
14 provide (e.g. that are not in $FILESDIR).
15
16 I'm thinking that, tomorrow or Monday, I will open up a new thread to
17 discuss what we are doing with small files and ask folks to consider
18 changing at least part of the practice.
19
20 William