From: Paul Varner <gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving the updated apache and associated ebuilds back into package.mask
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:38:50
1 On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 06:56 +0100, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
2 > The way I see it, we have three options:
3 > - package.mask (downgrades for those early adopters)
4 > - keep the same layout (/etc/apache2/conf, etc.) and wait until 2.2 is out to
5 > change it
6 > - have the newer apache ebuilds migrate from old-style to new-style config
7 > (very hard to do, but possible)
10 As a user whose apache install is completely hosed at the moment due to
11 these changes, my recommendation is all the above, with it being package
12 masked immediately.
13
14 Regards,
15 Paul