From: "Jared H. Hudson" <jhhudso@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Overriding the sandbox, or ...
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:30:47
1 A good deal of it is documented at:
2 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/gentoo-howto.html
3
4 But in the case of ${D} I first searched for it via grep
5 grep -r -i '${d}' /usr/portage/*
6
7 Then once I found an example of another ebuild using it I looked at how
8 it used is and combined with what I said below about how the install
9 section works, it made sense that it was /var/tmp/portage/....ect
10
11 To test this belief, I created a small ebuild with 1 line in it
12
13 test-1.0.ebuild
14 ---------------
15 echo ${D}
16 ---------------
17
18 Then ran ebuild test-1.0.ebuild clean
19
20 And it prints /var/tmp/portage/test-1.0/image/ so my belief was correct.
21
22 -Jared H.
23
24 monkey wrote:
25 > On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 02:11:36PM -0500, thus spake Jared H. Hudson:
28 >>So, to answer your question ${D} is /var/tmp/portage/ebuild_name/image/
31 > Thanks. Is this stuff documented somewhere, and I simply overlooked it?
32 >
33 > geoffrey