From: Nick Dimiduk <dimiduk.1@×××.edu>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC - apache start page.
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:55:10
1 Gontran Zepeda wrote:
2 > % Chuck Short wrote:
3 >
4 >>We are thinking of changing the layout of the apache start page
5 >>for the apache ebuilds. The current idea can be found:
6 >>
7 >>http://dev.gentoo.org/~zul/apache/
10 > Perhaps moving the "Seeing this instead..." section to the top of the page
11 > in parallel with the dist default index, with all of the Gentoo specific
12 > content below.
13 >
14 > It's a lovely effort, but I'm grasping at straws trying to understand the
15 > 'Welcome to Gentoo' message at the top of the page. Wouldn't 'Welcome to
16 > Apache' or 'Apache Installation Succesful' be more sensical?
19 I agree here; too much of a gentoo brand plug IMHO. I like the "Apache
20 Installation Successful" title better, and putting the search below the
21 "Seeing this instead..." rather than above it. Nice work.
22
23 -Nick Dimiduk
24 http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~dimiduk/
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list