From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: ACCEPT_LICENSE and deprecation of check_license
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 01:10:29
1 On 21.2.2010 15.21, Zac Medico wrote:
2 >>>>
3 >>>> Likely there wouldn't be any breakage with it doing it in EAPI 3 but it
4 >>>> would be against the eclass contract of not changing expected behavior.
5 >>>
6 >>> Given that check_license already returns silently if the user has
7 >>> accepted the appropriate license(s) via ACCEPT_LICENSE, it's not
8 >>> necessary to change the eclass contract in order to safely remove
9 >>> PROPERTIES=interactive from EAPI=3 ebuilds.
10 >>
11 >> So we could keep check_license defined in EAPI 3 and remove interactive
12 >> from PROPERTIES and in EAPI 4 undefine it. We should also have a repoman
13 >> check so developers catch it.
14 >
15 > That's a good plan. The repoman check may have to wait for EAPI 4
16 > since it might be difficult to automatically to separate out cases
17 > in EAPI 3 where PROPERTIES=interactive is due to check_license alone.
18
19 But it can still search for check_license and tell to migrate to
20 ACCEPT_LICENSE.
21
22 Regards,
23 Petteri