From: Thomas Cort <tcort@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Adopt a Developer needs Developer Requests
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 15:58:57
1 Hello,
2
3 The Adopt a Developer[1] project hasn't gotten any requests[2] from
4 developers needing hardware or shell accounts or books or anything
5 else, so I'm just writing a little note to encourage any developer (who
6 has been a developer for at least 6 months) who could use extra stuff
7 to improve Gentoo to please request it.
8
9 As mentioned before, to test the waters, we are only dealing with items
10 worth about $100US or less. Some ideas for things you could request:
11 used PDAs (the pda herd really could use some help), GPS units to help
12 with the gps herd, extra RAM to improve compile times, a hard drive,
13 Logictech mice (sys-apps/locomo), TV tuner card (for PVR packages),
14 wireless cards to help the wireless herd, etc, etc. Arch team members
15 could request hardware to test hardware specific packages on their
16 architecture.
17
18 A few community members have offered[3] hosting with shell access if
19 anyone could use that to improve Gentoo.
20
21 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/userrel/adopt-a-dev/index.xml
22 [2] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/userrel/adopt-a-dev/request.txt
23 [3] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/userrel/adopt-a-dev/index.xml#doc_chap8