From: Radoslaw Stachowiak <radek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] irregular metdata.xml check
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 14:33:16
1 On 27/05/07, Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o> wrote:
2 [...and many others...]
3
4 What I deeply miss from gentoo-dev mailing list is lack of summary at
5 end of discussions. Current situation is that at the end of such
6 disputes very often (of course not always :) is still unclear if:
7 * decision has been made (and what it is)
8 * previous approach has been changed (or it hasn't, with pointer (URL) to it)
9 * documents were updated (to address change or to simply provide
10 better wording) w/ URLs
11 * nothing has been changed due to X, and next approach will be in X months.
12
13 It's even more difficult to grasp outcome for non native english speakers.
14
15 Solution I propose is, that author of the first post in a thread, who
16 started the discussion (if there was some discusion), should at end of
17 it (let's assume it's 3 days after last mail) write summary with those
18 4 points I outlined above. Simple and will help greatly to track later
19 decisions/changes, or postponed items.
22 radoslaw.
23 --
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list