From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Supporting Gentoo Linux
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 12:26:38
1 Hi All,
2
3 I just wanted to let everyone know that it is now possible to donate funds to
4 support Gentoo Linux (yay!) If you head over to http://www.gentoo.org, you'll
5 see a new "Make a Donation" button on the right-hand side. By clicking on it,
6 you'll be able to make a donation to our project (you specify the amount) using
7 a credit card. Also, if you have your own PayPal account (or sign up for one
8 using the "sign up for PayPal" link), you'll be able to transfer funds directly
9 from your PayPal account or even your own bank account. Nifty!
10
11 I'd like some people to try the new donation system. First, it'll be nice to
12 get some money to offset my recent DSL bill (ouch), but I'd also like feedback
13 on how PayPal works for people. Right now, after you make your donation,
14 you'll be redirected to the main http://www.gentoo.org page. I want to add a
15 "Thank you" page in the future, but until then, a big "Thank you!" goes out to
16 all who donate!
17
18 Best Regards,
21 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>