From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Making user patches globally available
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 16:03:47
1 On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 08:55:49 -0700
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3 > I suppose that we could do it both ways. The repoman check would be
4 > for people who want a practical approach that doesn't require all
5 > ebuilds to be converted to EAPI 5, and your strict die approach would
6 > be for people who want strictness and can afford to wait for the
7 > relevant ebuilds to be converted to EAPI 5.
8
9 But there's no way the repoman check is going to give anything like
10 reliable answers if you're involving eclasses...
13 Ciaran McCreesh