From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposing fundamental changes to DevRel
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 23:36:13
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o> wrote:
> On 06/17/10 16:37, Sebastian Pipping wrote: >>> I don't know what gave you the idea that the list of the Developer >>> Relations project members is private. > > Also, Willinks reports the alias to be empty, unlike with other aliases: > >  [00:44] <sping> expn devrel >  [00:44] <willikins> devrel = > > A question of rbu just made me remember ...
This is an implementation detail of willikins (it only has access to a subset of aliases.) Note that the very existence of that command is based on a random comment I made about similar functionality I saw somewhere else. I don't think it was ever meant to be exhaustive, merely useful. I pointed out the /var/mail 'security problem' to robin sometime last year and IIRC he responded that he was aware of the master.aliases file and was fine with it being readable.