From: "C Bergström" <cbergstrom@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Anti-spam changes: proposal to drop spammy mail
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 16:25:32
1 Look at the forwarding which is already happening. They are already
2 giving that big company the emails. That big company gets a copy of
3 every email which is posted publicly already.
4
5 Are you concerned about their privacy policy? Are you concerned about
6 them complying to a government demand or ads.. What's your exact
7 concern here..
8
9 Keep in mind that github has access to your data and their EULA
10 probably allows them to run whatever analysis they want. A that the
11 high level it's essentially the same thing. The difference is that
12 github isn't smart enough to tie revenue into this. (Such as
13 displaying ads to C/C++ devs)
14
15 "we" (most technically savvy people who own a smart phone) can't avoid
16 these big companies. It's just a fact of life. For a small
17 organization like gentoo - it should be respected when time saving
18 choices are made that allow everyone to just get things done.
19
20 I hope "social contract" doesn't mean zealot and instead means someone
21 who is pragmatic... What's the real concern here.. pragmatically.
22 (honest question)