From: "Petteri R├Ąty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: codeman@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLI Officially Deprecated
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:58:47
1 Preston Cody wrote:
2 > A few months ago the Gentoo Release engineering team changed the way
3 > that releases are done to simplfy, automate, and provide more current
4 > release media on a more regular basis. One of the consequences of
5 > this is that the livecds are no-longer being released. This leaves
6 > the installer with no place or function any longer. The installer
7 > developers have all moved on to other projects, leaving GLI in an
8 > unmaintained state. We can no-longer offer support for the 2008.0-r1
9 > LiveCDs for x86 and amd64, though we expect it to work for
10 > those that use it. During this project's five year existence, it has
11 > been both a pride for Gentoo and a source of controversy. The Gentoo
12 > Handbook is still the official installation method for Gentoo. For
13 > those still seeking to do automated gentoo installs, please see the
14 > Quickstart project at http://agaffney.org/quickstart.php
15 > -Codeman
16 >
17
18 Why wasn't this sent to gentoo-dev-announce?
19
20 Regards,
21 Petteri