From: Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: AW: [gentoo-dev] Antialiasing in GTK - Galeon problems
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 04:10:04
1 Hello,
2
3 yes, while galeon use the gecko-engine from mozilla to render pages
4 it don't work at this point. Mozilla hacks some parts in gdk so it don't
5 use this extension. I don't think that it use aa-fonts if you recompile
6 mozilla. It works eventually if the mozilla-developers use this extension
7 to.
8
9 The same problem in in nautilus, which use mozilla to display websites, too.
10
11 Sebastian
12
13 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
14 Von: gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org
15 [mailto:gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org]Im Auftrag von Viktor Lakics
16 Gesendet: Sonntag, 9. September 2001 11:20
17 An: gentoo-dev@g.o
18 Betreff: [gentoo-dev] Antialiasing in GTK - Galeon problems
21 Hi Gentooers,
22
23 I have setup AA-ed fonts in GTK apps. Gdkxft 1.1 was just released, I
24 followed the instructions, everything compiled smoothly. It works fine, all
25 the menus and dialogs are AA-ed. Except Galeon rendered WEB pages. ( I mean
26 fonts are AA in galeon menus but not where it would be really important, in
27 the pages themselves. I tryed to set several fonts without success.
28
29 Any idea?
30
31 TIA : Viktor