From: Taylor Christopher P <ct@××××××××××.edu>
To: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage Ported to OS X
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 02:08:28
1 this is being taken care of currently.
2
3 the plan is to offer a liveCD installer that can do Darwin x86 & Darwin
4 PPC. That way you can gentoo with different kernels.
5
6 i've a couple friends with ibooks that love gnu/linux but would perfer to
7 be running apple written device drivers on an apple kernel - darwin is
8 that.
9
10 so a friend of mine is currently working on the bootstrapping process. as
11 we go forward with this effort there will be ebuilds for the darwin kernel
12 (offical and stable ebuilds will be based on whatever cvs versions that
13 apple hand picks for OS X releases. So, expect to see kernel updates based
14 on apple releases) we'll also offer cvs ebuilds [again, see the developer
15 policies about ebuild and cvs stuff] and then we'll start working the
16 entire 3 versions of X for OS X/Darwin.
17
18 Christopher Paul Taylor, Clemson University Computer Science Dept.
19