From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ATTN ALL DEVS
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:49:17
1 > On 28/09/2003 at 23:37:28(-0400), Mike Frysinger used 1.6K just to say:
2 >
3 > Actually in Japan knowing someone's birthday (...birthDATE actually) is
4 > sometimes enough to convince someone over the phone that YOU are the
5 > person in
6 > question. Gentoo has a bunch of Japanese devs and I wouldn't be surprised
7 > if
8 > they don't feel like sharing that info.
9 >
10 > Hell, I even know plenty of people who don't want to do any online
11 > shopping,
12 > because they don't want to give away their address.
15 I think birthday can private. Nothing is yet published anyway. I don't see
16 however the problem with the country of origin being public. The country
17 is allready published on the current developer list too. It can hardly be
18 said that it is identifying information, but it helps in knowing when
19 people can be contacted (timezone's).
20
21 Paul
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list