From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] guide XML documentation
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 09:58:10
1 Developers,
2
3 I've just completed the initial documentation for the guide XML format (the
4 official Gentoo Linux documentation format, for those who don't know :).
5
6 Attached to this email is a small tarball containing a file called
7 "xml-guide.html", describing the new XML format. If you want to learn more
8 about guide XML (or just want a preview of our attractive new documentation
9 engine) then take a look. The new-style guide documentation will be appearing
10 on www.gentoo.org in a day or so.
11
12 Note: guide is a lightweight documentation format designed to be easy to learn
13 and easy to use, so xml-guide.xml is only about 2000 words long and should
14 teach you everything you need to know about this new format. I hope this will
15 make our documentation system easy-to-use for all developers, not just those who
16 are "doc-savvy".
17
18 Best Regards,
21 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>