From: Aisha Tammy <gentoo@×××××.cc>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: backward-incompatible changes in eclasses
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 18:35:36
1 On 3/23/20 2:27 PM, Joonas Niilola wrote:
2 > On 3/23/20 8:23 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
3 >> but we need to
4 >> find a way to notify them when a breaking change is going into a widely
5 >> used eclass and give them time to adjust their ebuilds.
8 >> Thoughts?
9 >>
10 > Subscribe to this mailing list.
11 >
12 > AFAIK all major changes have been posted here and pushed with some delay.
13 >
14 > -- juippis
17 Indeed, that's what I'm doing with my popcorn `kernel`s (and also what
18 most others have advised, even on the irc's).
19
20 It's quiet enough to not clutter but useful.
23 Aisha