From: Matt Rickard <frogger@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] request for comments: move to stable
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:02:25
1 > We'd like to receive comments (the negative ones, especially) for
2 > moving gcc-3.2.3-r1, glibc-2.3.2-r1 and binutils-2.14.90.0.2 from
3 > ~arch to arch (at least for x86 platform).
6 There are still a few minor issues with ProPolice in gcc-3.2.3-r1. I'm
7 working with Hiroaki Etoh (the developer of the patch) to fix
8 these. However, they are rare even for people who are
9 using -fstack-protector, and of no consequence to those who don't.
10
11 I'd say go ahead and mark it stable. I'm looking forward to finally
12 having ProPolice on the LiveCD's allowing us to bootstrap with it from
13 the ground up.
16 Matt Rickard
17 frogger@g.o
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list