From: Chris Coleman <chrsclmn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: /usr vs. initramfs redux
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 00:35:41
1 On 6 August 2011 20:22, Steven J Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > I don't get why we can't allow udev to need localmount, as described in the
4 > bug, with CONFIG_DEVTMPFS creating nodes needed to mount /usr /var etc,
5 > especially as that setting is now being recommended by upstream. (And ofc
6 > we
7 > don't have to use it if it's not needed.)
10 Personally, I need udev to start before localmount so that localmount can
11 mount my LVM volumes. I have CONFIG_DEVTMPFS enabled too, and I like how it
12 made my initramfs simpler, but it doesn't read rules from userspace. But
13 udev does.