From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Clean out some old files in CVS
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:40:28
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Thursday 24 August 2006 05:28, Lars Weiler wrote:
3 >
4 >>See attached a list of Attic-files which are +500k in size.
5 >>If you want to keep one of these files, tell me. Otherwise
6 >>I'll remove them on Sunday.
9 > i thought the entire point of the CVS attic is that when we want to retrieve
10 > something, it'll always be there
11 >
12 > there's way too much crap that's been punted from Attic that should never have
13 > been touched
14 > -mike
15
16 I would actually concur, and would prefer downtime to migrate the cvs
17 volume to LVM in lieu of deleting files.
18
19 Another alternative would be just moving them temporarily, and then
20 restoring them once the cvs volume is LVM'd.
21
22 IMHO deleting them is not an option.
23 --
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list