From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: How do you perform patchset versioning?
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 13:41:25
1 Il giorno mer, 25/05/2011 alle 15.34 +0200, Michael Haubenwallner ha
2 scritto:
3 >
4 > My idea was to set a CVS-Tag on [3] for what is in each patchset
5 > version, but
6 > as I don't see /any/ (according to ViewVC) CVS-Tag on [1], I'm
7 > unsure...
8
9 Tags are usually applied per-directory rather than on the whole
10 repository, you can find tags for instance on
11
12 http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo/src/patchsets/xine-lib/1.1.3_pre20060831/
13
14 For git-based projects (and I don't know if mico is), I have a
15 preference to store a git tag with the patches applied over it, as I
16 described on my blog:
17
18 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2010/09/07/maintaining-backports-with-git
19