From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Bugzilla etiquette suggestions
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 20:07:43
1 On Monday 13 February 2006 20:29, Grobian wrote:
2 > Maybe that has to change then? Like getting more bug wranglers that
3 > also handle canned responses as a first-line helpdesk?
4
5 Wrangle bugs a few months and you'll see how hard it can be to stay friendly
6 sometimes... And no, bugzilla is not a helpdesk. We have mailing lists and
7 forums.g.o for this.
8
9 btw.: I think the idea to give someone credit for requesting a version bump is
10 pretty much ridiculous. There're helpful requests/bug reports, where credit
11 is due, but the usual case of a request for a new version isn't.
14 Carsten