From: slik <slik@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] irc log 'o bugs
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 22:56:29
1 <_SLiK_> in the stock /etc/ld.so.conf the commented out #/usr/lib/qt is
2 non-existent.. it resides in
3 /usr/X11R6/lib/...
4 <_SLiK_> 2. there is no mga_drv.o in X
5 <Sk2> nope, didn't know that one, although there was something about qt
6 recently... might have been that ;)
7 <_SLiK_> (the new matrox driver is better btw)
8 <Sk2> mga!? wow...
9 <Sk2> oh, matrox =)
10 <Sk2> heh, mail 'em to gentoo-dev@g.o
11 <_SLiK_> and... well, there should be a LITTLE bit of automation while
12 installing
13 <Sk2> we haven't written any yet :)
14 <Sk2> coming soon
15 <Sk2> "soon" heh
16 <_SLiK_> imagine the daunting task of installing every single package (if
17 one was crazy enough to do so, like
18 me)
19 <Sk2> I don't have to imagine it :)
20 <_SLiK_> so I wrote a script for post install.. want it?
21 <Sk2> sure, send it to the list
22 <Sk2> best to let everybody have a copy, not just me
23 <_SLiK_> and and.. hrm...
24 <_SLiK_> there was more.. I think
25 <Sk2> mail it as you think of it :)
26 <_SLiK_> oh yes! does portage really have to pull down the whole source
27 tree?? it should be able to pull down
28 patches and patch local copies of older sources.. for people with low
29 bandwidth (like me ;) maybe it already
30 does this
31 <Sk2> I'm not sure, I dont have any boxes I can test which are online and
32 x86...
33 <Sk2> do I don't know =)
34 <Sk2> s/do/so
35 <Sk2> sorry if I'm not being particularly helpfull...
36 <_SLiK_> and of course.. i'm willing to help out.. skills include
37 c,c++,bash,and wads 'o time
38 <Sk2> time is always usefull :)
39 <Sk2> heh, if you have time, you could do some levels for pingus too :)
40 <_SLiK_> first in foremost in *MY* way of thinking is convinience
41 utilities, which I'm willing to start working
42 on
43 <Sk2> such as?
44 * _SLiK_ is not the pingus type
45 <Sk2> heh, ok
46 <_SLiK_> such as things to make installation smoother