From: Pierre-Henri Jondot <Pierre-Henri.Jondot@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Printing: CUPS and HP LaserJet
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 13:32:50
1 > Then I got a tip from Donny Davies (a Gentoo Developer), who forwarded to
2 > me Jeffrey D. Kowing's message regarding this matter in [gentoo-dev],
3 > where he says that getting a fresh *.ppd from sourceforge.net solves the
4 > problem. So I went to sourceforge and got a PPD file for my HP LasetJet
5 > 4M, which is generated as HP-LaserJet_4M-ljet4-ppd.ppd, put it into my
6 > /usr/share/cups/model/ with all other PPD's, deleted my current printers
7 > and ran from the commandline (for JetDirect)
8 >
9 did it too...
10
11 > And it worked like a charm. The only thing I wasn't able to understand is
12 > why it generated two empty sheets of paper before the job comes out, but
13 > hey - it's recyclable :))
14 >
15 the same for me (not for every print but certainly for some) and my laserjet
16 5l, and it really annoys me... The more often I only print a page or two...
17
18 I parsed the ppd file without having the slightest idea of what to adjust...
19 When manually invoking ghostscript, I've never encountered this problem. A
20 fix would be greatly appreciated there...
23 Pierre-Henri Jondot <Pierre-Henri.Jondot@×××××××.fr>
24 Page perso : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/phj