From: Fabio Erculiani <lxnay@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-kernel] Proper distribution integration of kernel *-sources, patches and configuration.
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 20:04:45
1 On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
2 > El lun, 01-07-2013 a las 21:55 +0200, Fabio Erculiani escribió:
3 >> I believe that end users would benefit more from kernel binary ebuilds
4 >> (ebuilds building an actual kernel with an official config), rather
5 >> than all this.
8 > I don't see them exclusionary, look different issues to me :/ (with
9 > completely different solutions I think)
10
11 Of course I'm not saying that they're not orthogonal. OTOH I believe
12 that the complexity of supporting something like this (the original
13 proposal) is not linear. However, I don't see any problem with people
14 implementing it btw... it's their time.
22 Fabio Erculiani