From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o, seemant@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] stage1-x86-1.4_pre20021229.tar.bz2
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 07:33:20
1 Hi All,
2
3 To ramp up our testing for the 1.4_rc3/_final release, I've begun
4 building generic stage1 "snapshot" tarballs (compiled with "-O2
5 -mcpu=i686" using Gerk's scripts) and will be uploading new ones to
6 ibiblio on an almost daily basis. You will be able to find them here:
7
8 http://www.ibiblio.org/gentoo/experimental/x86/stages/
9
10 stage1-x86-1.4_pre20021229.tar.bz2 is now online. It is several weeks
11 newer than Gerk's 1.4_rc2 stages, and has not yet been tested. It needs
12 testing.
13
14 I'd like to start assembling a QA team to put these stages through their
15 paces. If you're interested in helping (whether you're a developer or a
16 user,) please email drobbins@g.o and cc: seemant@g.o. I
17 want to get a large team together so that 1.4 is thoroughly QA tested
18 by the time it is released.
19
20 Thanks!
23 Daniel Robbins