From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: seemant@g.o, vapier@g.o, agriffis@g.o, solar@g.o, azarah@g.o, swift@g.o, koon@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] council meetings
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 16:53:55
1 Dear all,
2 First, congratulations! Now get to work! *Grin*
3
4 We needed to have the new metastructure plan someplace easy to find, so
5 I created glep 39 for it. It's probably worth re-reading, just to make
6 sure you know what's now on your plate. The big item is that there
7 needs to be a public meeting by the end of the month, and I'm sure that
8 there is at least one GLEP (if not several) that needs to be voted upon.
9 I got burnt out running the managers' meetings, so I'm afraid that I'm
10 not volunteering to run these. It's not a difficult job, though, and I
11 would just suggest rotating the meeting chairperson job among the
12 council members. Some possibly useful suggestions: (a) Put the current
13 topic of discussion in /topic, (b) Put the easy stuff early in the
14 agenda, so that at least something gets accomplished, (c) it's okay to
15 politely tell people that the discussion is diverging from the topic at
16 hand (I probably should have done so more often), and (d) meetings
17 should really have a fixed ending time as well as a fixed starting time.
18 Although I don't want to run the meetings, I'm certainly willing to help
19 if needed.
20
21 I have high hopes for this new Council, but of course it's up to you
22 folks to make of it what you will. Personally, I expect great things.
23
24 Best,
25 g2boojum
26 --
27 Grant Goodyear
28 Gentoo Developer
29 g2boojum@g.o
30 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
31 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76