From: Joe DeRosa <derosa@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Problem with build snapshot
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 15:50:03
1 Additional Information.
2 After blowing up again after a fresh install, I tried to emerge
3 glibc-2.2.4-r1.ebuild, and it works fine.
4 I then modified the build script to skip all the emerges up to this
5 point, and exclude glibc again. Everything worked like a champ.
6 Emerge system worked fine.
7 I build my own kernel, and rebooted ok.
8 Xwindows and KDE built fine also. (after removing ALSA from the build
9 flags).
10
11 Am I the only person seeing this ??
12
13 Joe
14
15 -----Original Message-----
16 From: gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org
17 [mailto:gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org] On Behalf Of Joe DeRosa
18 Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 6:34 PM
19 To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
20 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Problem with build snapshot
21
22 I have tried this with cd 11 and 12, and most of the intermediate build
23 tarballs, and I have been unable to build the rc6 snapshot.
24 What happens, is when it gets to the end of the glibc ebuild, it chokes
25 because of some lib files that it won't overwrite in the /tmp directory
26 because they are busy.
27
28 I have tried this on 2 different machines, ide and scsi.
29
30 Any ideas ???
33 Joe
37 gentoo-dev mailing list