From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Joel Martin <kanaka@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] why DEPEND and RDEPEND
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 19:26:36
1 On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 11:05, Joel Martin wrote:
2 > That's a good idea, but it shouldn't be the default mode. Or at least,
3 > there should be a way to turn it off. I don't think most people will
4 > want to un-install there DEPEND files, because most people would
5 > sacrifice a little disk space in order to speed re-install time later.
6 > I would only use this in rare cases like firewall creation, etc.
7
8 ...or as a final catalyst step in creation of the livecd-stage2.
9 Anything that can save space on our growing installation media would be
10 much appreciated.
13 Chris Gianelloni
14 Developer, Gentoo Linux
15 Games Team