From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rc6:emerge system ignores "packages" ?
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 06:32:06
1 On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 06:56:39PM +0200, Peter Kadau wrote:
2 > hi !
3 >
4 > i'm really stuck !
5 >
6 > did a bootstrap with the rc6 using the iso-image,
7 > which i enhanced with a snapshot of my portage-tree.
8 > the bootstrap worked fine.
9 > then i edited packages to my needs.
10 > but emerge --pretend system keeps telling me
11 > that it's about to merge things like xfree -
12 > and that's just plain ridiculous for a base system.
13 >
14 > so, do i have to merge everything by hand in order ?
15 > any clues ?
16
17 I too find it a bit distracting that xfree is merged as part of the base
18 system. I do not however see how we can have xfree not be installed if the
19 use flags claim some of the apps should be compiled with x11 support.
20
21 Did we get some DONTUSE functionality yet ?
22
23 Regards,
24
25 Karl T