From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] repositories.xml now served via api.gentoo.org
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 17:50:59
1 On Mon, 2013-07-29 at 16:09 -0700, Brian Dolbec wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2013-07-29 at 18:13 +0200, Alex Legler wrote:
3 > > The overlays configuration file repositories.xml is the first file that
4 > > is now being served via api.gentoo.org.
5 > >
6 > > New public URL: https://api.gentoo.org/overlays/repositories.xml
7 > > Git repository: git+ssh://git@××××××××××.org/proj/api.git
8 > >
9 > > The old URL will redirect to the new one.
12 > The new url is in layman's git and is available in layman-9999 now.
15 I've just pushed the changes needed for layman to verify the https
16 connection to download any files. Python-2.6 and 2.7 lack the needed
17 SNI capability, so needed to change the deps. I have changed to code to
18 use dev-python/requests which includes urllib3 and some contributed code
19 to enable the SNI capability in python2.6 and 2.7. It needed 3
20 additional deps in order to enable that capability.
21
22 Unfortunately so far most of them are lacking many of layman's current
23 keywords. So could those people please test and keyword those pkgs they
24 are able to. It will be needed for a layman-2.0.1 release in the near
25 future.
26
27 >=dev-python/requests-1.2.1
28 dev-python/ndg-httpsclient
29 dev-python/pyasn1
30 >=dev-python/pyopenssl-0.13
33 Once I have made the make.conf ==> repos.conf changes, I will make a
34 2.0.1 release.
35 --
36 Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>