From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GTK und GTK2 Use Flag
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:39:03
1 On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 02:09:51PM +0100, David Morgan wrote:
2 > How do you specify gtk v2 only using use flags? You can't!
3 >
4 > If something depends on gtk v1 regardless of use flags (by which I mean
5 > there's no without any gtk or use v2 option), then if you want
6 > to emerge it you have to have gtk v1. Unless you want to have some sort
7 > of system where a package would be masked because of your use flags
8 > (which would get annoying really quickly), but I don't think you are.
9 That's semantic quibbling. :)
10 Use flags are conditionals only; hard deps can't be sidestepped. :)
11 Finer grained control over conditional linkage is the goal, which the
12 current USE="gtk gtk2" doesn't engender.
13
14 > assuming that -gtk
15 > -gtk1 gtk2 means "disable optional gtk (any version) support, but if gtk
16 > isn't optional but both versions are supported then use v2"
17 E'yep.
18 >
19 > --
20 > djm