From: Patrick Lauer <gentoo@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] xine-lib
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:20:39
1 Hi,
2
3 while doing an emerge -U world the compilation of xine-lib stopped:
4
5 * Please uninstall older xine libraries.
6 * The compilation cannot procede.
9 This can also be found as Bug 19409. (WONTFIX)
10 So an emerge -U world will NOT complete. Also, xine-lib-0.9.13-r3
11 is installed as dependency of pornview, the next emerge -U or
12 installation of xine-ui will try to install xine-lib-1-beta12
13 (which will not complete).
14
15 So:
16 * pornview does not work (xine-lib problems)
17 * Xine-ui can not be installed without emerge -C
18 * emerge -U functionality is broken when xine-lib is installed.
19
20 1) How did this slip through QA?
21 2) What is the official policy on breaking emerge -U ? I thought that's a big no-no?
22 3) Why is a bug that I'd consider a BLOCKER only WONTFIX ?
23
24 I hope nobody feels flamed, but this behaviour has existed for some time, and it's
25 not what a normal user would want to work around. I unmerged xine-lib a few times
26 because that's the easiest workaround !?
29 Patrick Lauer