From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Gentoo Phoenix] an official Gentoo wiki
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 22:50:19
1 On 3 June 2010 22:44, René 'Necoro' Neumann <lists@××××××.eu> wrote:
2 > Am 03.04.2010 15:19, schrieb Ben de Groot:
3 >> On 3 April 2010 11:46, Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> On 04/03/10 11:16, Tobias Scherbaum wrote:
5 >>>> People are constantly asking for a documentation wiki, but ...
6 >>> yeah, as long as no one just creates a wiki there won't be one. People
7 >>> are waiting on other people, who are waiting for Godot. Just do it.
8 >>>
9 >>> I remember the long and whiny road to get a blog aggregator - what
10 >>> killed the waiting deadlock was simply karltk setting up one (unofficial
11 >>> etc.etc.) and suddenly people saw that it was good.
14 >> Okay, so it seems a lot of people do want a wiki. So let's see what
15 >> we can do to make that happen.
16 >
17 > Just curious: Was something achieved here? Is there a wiki finally?
18
19 The first steps were taken. There is now a wiki project, for which I
20 initially was the project lead. But very soon after that DevRel-member
21 Calchan killed my momentum. I have suspended all my active work on
22 Gentoo until my DevRel issue is resolved. Sadly this also killed the
23 wiki's momentum. From what I understand it is still being worked on,
24 but it moves forward very slowly. Maybe someone from the wiki project
25 could add some more up to date info?
26
27 Cheers,
28 Ben