From: Kevin <lists@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Wishlist: an automated package upgrade system with fine-tunable sysadmin control
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:01:19
1 Thanks for your informative reply, Peter. I think I'll try your method
2 for awhile. I'm sure it's less time consuming than my current method,
3 if perhaps still not ideal, and although I do realize this idea may be
4 an unattainable utopia, by Jean-Francois pointing me to glcu, I'm glad
5 to see that I'm not the only person who would like to see an improvement
6 in this area, and that someone's already been working on it for awhile
7 now. This motivates me to take a look at Michael's code and see if I
8 can help make it still better.
9
10 And although in my perception the thread speaks for itself, I'd like to
11 apologize to anyone who perceived any of my comments as condescending,
12 for that was not my intent. Perception is an interesting thing in that
13 it depends very heavily on the one doing the perceiving and the
14 author/speaker cannot know everything about all of the possible readers
15 (thus all the possible perceptions/interpretations). I did my best to
16 be clear and to the point and not intentionally condescending, using
17 examples to elaborate, and I did not deliberately misunderstand anything.
18
19 Above all else, I wish to make it clear that IMO, after fiddling with
20 many different Linux distros for more than 10 years, the Gentoo
21 developers have got the closest that I've seen to reaching that utopia.
22 Very nice work, folks, and thank you very much for making such a
23 terrific distro.
24
25 -Kevin
26 --