From: Peter Kadau <peter.kadau@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] install with floppy and build-xxx.tbz2 ?
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 06:47:33
1 hi again !
2
3 ok, now i found the floppy-images and gave them a try.
4 so i don't need reiserfsprogs or another mkswap on my system...
5
6 BusyBox is a great thing, unfortenately it doesn't contain
7 bunzip2 nor is the tar-routine advanced enough.
8 so, i can't just "follow the instructions."
9
10 right now, i have a reiserfs partition, a swap and a boot.
11 i mount my working system root partition under /mnt/src.
12 btw, for mounting reiserfs, you have to tell BusyBox
13 "mount -t reiserfs /dev/hdxy /mnt/gentoo" or otherwise get cryptic
14 error messages.
15
16 so, my problem remains the same:
17 how to dialup ?
18 to be more precise: how should i install wvdial ?
19 i know how to setup the connection once i have that...
20 without connection it's useless to do a chroot and emerge rsync, i guess.
21 i may download everything needed with my working system and access
22 all of that through /mnt/src.
23
24 any help/advice/pointer would be highly appreciated.
25
26 thanks in advance
27 peter
28
30 peter kadau
31 email: peter.kadau@×××.de
32 open source is no religion - it just produces the most reliable software
35 1.000.000 DM gewinnen - kostenlos tippen - http://millionenklick.web.de
36 IhrName@×××.de, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de