From: Lorenzo Hernandez Garcia-Hierro <lorenzo@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: linux-usb-devel@×××××××××××××××××.net
Subject: [gentoo-dev] USB Mouse, USB HID and the other goodies
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 20:00:28
1 Hi,
2
3 I've been testing around, and fund that my very own USB mouse (a
4 standard Packard Bell 5v 100mA, model IO-3UP)doesn't work when it's
5 expected or just doesn't work at all.
6
7 The problem is maybe the most strange thing I've ever seen. The device
8 is known to work (tested on other boxes, with different controllers, and
9 also it works from times to times in this laptop, which ensures, among
10 that I've tested with other devices, the controller of this laptop is
11 not broken) but reports the following offending notice:
12
13 Maybe the USB cable is bad?
14
15 Well, generic usbhid, ehci-hcd and ohci-hcd should provide
16 out-of-the-box support for a generic USB mouse like this one.
17
18 usbmouse seems not needed, though it worked for some time when I used
19 it, anyways, without it too. The point is, where's the black magic?
22 Should I specify no_handshake=1?
23
24 If it's the case, then, <gentoo-specific> should I recommend/suggest to
25 give some advice on it, and even prepare a weird script to solve this
26 little issue?</gentoo-specific>.
27
28 Thanks in advance,
29 cheers.