From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Detecting ignored *FLAGS
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 22:11:09
1 On 07/22/2012 02:38 PM, Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina wrote:
2 > It would seem to me that we could get all these QA warning out of the
3 > way very quickly by adding -frecord-gcc-switches to the *FLAGS in the
4 > base profile (it appears to be platform agnostic but if I'm wrong we can
5 > add it for supported arches).
6
7 Most users probably won't notice unless they have
8 PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="${PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES} qa" or use the developer
9 profile which sets that automatically.
10
11 Also, the user's *FLAGS settings will override any settings from the
12 profile, unless the user does something like CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} foo bar".
13 --
14 Thanks,
15 Zac