From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Question about xfree86-4.3.0-r6
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 20:29:07
1 On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 06:16, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Basically what's holding it up is a new opengl-update with a
3 > --get-implementation feature and a couple other fixes. I have it written
4 > but I'm adding a couple more little things to it, like fixing libtool
5 > archives that link to /usr/lib/opengl/xfree so xorg-x11/xfree switches
6 > are more seamless.
7 >
8 > I'm not really pushing it very hard. I don't even expect all arches to
9 > get it working, since we're moving over toward xorg-x11, which I've been
10 > spending much of my X time working with.
11
12 Basically, what I am getting from this is that I should just stick with
13 XFree86 until such time that we decide that xorg-x11 will be the
14 default, then switch the tool. That really is the simplest choice and
15 the one I would prefer, since it is less work. Especially if the -r6
16 revision of xfree may never make it to stable.
19 Chris Gianelloni
20 Developer
21 Games/LiveCD Teams
22 Gentoo Linux