From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xorg-x11-6.8.0-r1 ready to go stable on all archs
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:55:36
1 * Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> [04/10/11 13:25 -0700]:
2 > If there's anything I absolutely need to get in before xorg-x11-6.8.0-r1
3 > can be marked stable on all archs, let me know within 24 hours. I plan
4 > to mark x86 stable Tuesday night PDT and would like other archs to
5 > follow shortly thereafter unless there's something I don't know about.
6
7 X.org-6.8.0 is a pain on ppc.
8
9 Our current main issues:
10 - freezes when a GLX-application starts on Rage128 (tested
11 on several systems)
12 - keyboard handling has changed (you can't switch back to a
13 console)
14 - various weird colour-handling with Radeon-cards, esp. on
15 the PowerBook.
16
17 In our meeting at September 30 we said, that we won't switch
18 to the newer version. We are waiting for another release
19 which hopefully will resolve the problems.
20
21 Regards, Lars