From: Jerry A! <jerry@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Proposed CVS Cleanup
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 15:43:56
1 I'm thinking that this may be a good time to audit the portage tree and
2 clean up any cruft.
3
4 Specifically:
5
6 1. Clean out directories with multiple, older versions of ebuilds.
7 2. Consolidate portages which are replicated in multiple directories.
8 3. Consolidate current-packages and current-packages.new into one file.
9
10 Why now? Well, since it looks like most of Gentoo is falling into place
11 and is growning everyday, now seems like a good time (in my opinion).
12 Also, it appears as though with the new portage expansions (xpak) being
13 the building blocks for 1.0_rc5, that this going into this with a
14 spotless tree may make the work a lot easier.
15
16 Anyway, I'd like to know what you all think. If it does appear like a
17 good idea, then maybe we should get all the committers together, divide
18 up the tree and go to town...
19
20 --Jerry
21
22 name: Jerry Alexandratos || Open-Source software isn't a
23 phone: 703.599.6023 || matter of life or death...
24 email: jerry@×××××××.org || ...It's much more important
25 || than that!