From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: yngwin@g.o, multilib@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] FYI: emul-linux-x86-xlibs deps being replaced in gx86
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 13:51:20
1 On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 20:21:55 +0800
2 Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
3 > It should come as no surprise that I am not happy with this. While I
4 > applaud your efforts to attempt to improve the multilib situation, I
5 > don't think we are quite at the stage yet where this can be pushed as
6 > the default choice, as you are doing now.
7 >
8 > In my opinion this belongs in an overlay for further development and
9 > much more extensive testing. You are now pushing this to ebuilds that
10 > may very well go stable within weeks — unless I'm missing something
11 > and you are masking these features / useflags on stable.
12
13 It is not default unless abi_x86_32 & friends are enabled; old
14 behavior is preserved until these flag are default in multilib profiles.
15 It is also not stable until the multilib deps are stable, which is
16 independent of packages having the || dep being stable. If there is a
17 need then useflags can be masked on stable also so that, again,
18 behavior remains the same on stable.
19
20 Alexis.