From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Portage-2.0.51 Stability Testing
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 03:08:21
1 On Sunday 12 September 2004 11:30, Nicholas Jones wrote:
2 > Just report back whatever breaks or seems wrong. bugs.gentoo.org
3 > If you've got a PORTAGE CODE problem, you could discuss it with
4 > us in #gentoo-portage on irc, if you're uncertain about it, but
5 > PLEASE check bugs.gentoo.org before several hundred people spam
6 > us with the same reports.
7
8 A word on this.. IRC is usually better than bugs.g.o. Questions as to what is
9 wrong can be asked straight away and often the problem can be fixed in CVS on
10 the spot. With bugs.g.o, it is also often the case that things get lost in
11 the constant inflow of petty feature requests and invalid bugs. We pretty
12 much have #gentoo-portage covered for 24/7 support, and we rarely bite. :)
13
14 Regards,
15 Jason Stubbs
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list