From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Getting rid of lurking no* USE flags - profile-based package.use
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:29:01
1 On 10/10/07, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
2 > I think it's OK to start using package.use now considering that
3 > package.use has been supported since portage-2.1.2 and that's been
4 > stable since February. There are already a couple of packages using
5 > it in the tree now.
6
7 Is it a good idea for those ebuilds that require new features to have
8 a >= dependency on a specific version of portage ? Or not ? Can this
9 help when switching EAPIs ? Or plug the gap while the decision to
10 switch to EAPI=1 is being taken ? Does /me need more coffee or a good
11 clue-batting session ?
12
13 Denis.
14 --