From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Recruiting process (Re: [gentoo-dev] base-system needs developers who care)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:05:53
1 On 08/25/2016 11:59 AM, Daniel Campbell wrote:
2 > Given that so much needs to be learned and a lot of trust goes into
3 > developers, it's no surprise that we tend to take our time accepting
4 > people. That said, I chalk it up to a manpower problem. As far as I know
5 > the recruiting and proxy-maint teams are dedicated, but small. They do
6 > an awesome job (that I am not cut out for) so they deserve a lot of
7 > respect. But it does indeed seem that scheduling and workloads are not
8 > in sync.
9
10 Just to add an agreement to this; picking up some packages in
11 maintainer-needed and maintaining it through proxy-maint for a while is
12 a good way to get introduced to workflow and getting reviewed while
13 learning the steps.
16 Kristian Fiskerstrand
17 OpenPGP certificate reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
18 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3