From: mrfab@t-online.de (Fabian Koehler)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] creating live CD's
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:33:47
1 Hello,
2
3 I want to write a GUI for http://glis.sourceforge.net which shall be started
4 from the live CD. In order to do this I need to add some extra packages like
5 Python, Qt and X. In addition the live CD should auto load the X server if
6 possible and start the program. No my questions:
7
8 1) How do I create a live CD like the latest available on the website? I do
9 found "livecd-ng" in portage but there are no current profiles in the
10 package. Are these profiles somewhere available in CVS? I couldn't find them.
11
12 2) I once downloaded a gaming CD from www.gentoogames.com which did the
13 automatically loading of X etc. Is it possible to get access to these live CD
14 profiles/scripts and/or the automatic configuration scripts which must be on
15 that CD? Maybe someone from www.gentoogames.com can help out.
16
17 Fabian
20 http://www.mailfriends.com <- JOIN THE COMMUNITY FOR FREE