From: Corentin Chary <corentin.chary@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: euscan proof of concept (like debian's uscan)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 05:42:13
1 On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 8:42 PM, Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2011-09-20 at 10:00 +0200, Corentin Chary wrote:
3 >> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> > One integration that might also be useful is what we track on the ruby
6 >> > wiki currently: https://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/ruby/wiki/PendingBumps
7 >> > which is a collection of quick notes on problems encountered while
8 >> > bumping packages. The ability to attach notes to packages and to
9 >> > acknowledge version bumps (and e.g. make them yellow instead of red)
10 >> > could help with larger lists for herds.
11 >
12 >> You can already use that page: http://euscan.iksaif.net/herds/ruby/
13 >
14 > I think you missed my point. This page is more like what we have at
15 > http://moving-innovations.com/~graaff/outdated-gems/ which is an
16 > automated list based on what is in the tree and upstream. Your page is a
17 > good replacement for that so we may just use that in the future.
18 >
19 > What our wiki page does it keep *notes* on these bumps, so all of that
20 > relies on manual input. (e.g. "we tried to bump this but it needs a new
21 > dependency that we don't have yet.") The euscan page doesn't support
22 > that yet. Arguably I should open bugs for each of these bumps, but that
23 > seems like a lot of overhead for some quick notes.
24
25 Right, having a stable API and a special euscan tag on the wiki could
26 solve that.
29 Corentin Chary
30 http://xf.iksaif.net